Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 33 - Bunks Done!

For the most part we finished the bunks today. There is still some trim work and paneling to be done but the framing is finished.





I cut a hole in the ply wood of the bottom bunk because the bunk hinges open to expose a storage area below it.



We already carpeted it. I will probably add 2 or 3 dividers in this area and use it as a place to store things or even keep clothing.



Today we also permanently reinstalled the 3 vents that go on the roof. When we got the bus these were leaking a little so I sealed them down with silicone and used roofing screws with the rubber gasket. This should water proof it.

We also received the delivery of the Carrier roof mount A/C unit that we got off ebay. I may be able to get that installed on Sunday.

We went to Lowe's today and picked up a few more needed items.

  • Studs (We were about out)
  • Ply Wood (For the bunks)
  • 3 1/2" Screws
  • A couple long drill bit.
All this came to around $100.

No comments: