The main things we purchased were.
- Top plate material. (We ran out)
- Furring Strips (To support the plywood on the bunks)
- Screws (Getting real low)
- More 1/8" drill bits
- A 12' x 3' roll of carpet (This will go under the bottom bunks in the storage area)
- Electrical outlet boxes.
When we returned from the store we started working where we left off yesterday.
We had the main outside top support done so we did the bottom one.
Before I could put the supports that will hold the plywood that will support the foam for the bed I had to get my paneling in.
I had to figure out a way to make a pattern of the arch in the ceiling so my wood could follow the same contour. I cut a piece of cardboard the width required.
Then I found a narrow piece of wood to use as a guide. I placed it against the ceiling and a pencil against the my wood guide and the cardboard.
Now, making sure I was as plum as possible, I gradually moved the stick to the right, down the roof line tracing the same ceiling arch onto the cardboard. Once I had it done I cut the line with my utility knife. Here it is.
I then took a second piece of cardboard and filled in where the ledge is on the right side in the picture above.
Now I had my pattern. I traced the pattern onto a piece of oak plywood and cut it out with a jigsaw. Here is the result.
I then put in the piece that goes below it.
I was able to use my pattern for the other side also.
Now all the paneling on the inside of the bunk chamber is done.
Next I installed the support strips that the ply wood will rest on.
Tomorrow the bunks on this side of the bus should be finished.