Saturday, October 31, 2009

Day 115 - Flooring | School Bus Conversion

Today I started by putting a second coat of paint on the ceiling.

Next we installed more of the wood flooring.

The flooring should be very close to done tomorrow!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Day 114 - Ceiling, Door & Cabinet | School Bus Conversion

Yesterday I finished the upper cabinet end on the passengers side at the front of the bus.

It still needs 2 coats of Varnish.

The upper kitchen cabinets have one coat of varnish on. One more and they are done.

I also was able to get the master bedroom door installed. It turned out good.

Today I got the first coat of paint on the ceiling in the kitchen area.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 113 - Upper Cabinets & Hood Vent | School Bus Conversion

Today we started by installing the exterior vent. We first drilled a pilot hole from the inside to get our bearings. Then traced out the cutout lines and then cut it out the same way we cut out the hot water heater.

Here is the vent installed on the outside:

Here it is on the inside:

Next we installed the upper cabinet:

Here is the supporting angle iron:

Next I paneled the inside back of the cabinet:

Here is the right cabinet:

And the left:

Then we installed the bottom of the cabinet:

Next we temporarily installed the hood vent:

It works great!

After all was said and done I was able to get a finnal coat of varnish on the bathroom wall and the last coat of varnish on one side of both the bathroom and master bedroom door.

More soon!

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 112 - Kitchen Cabinetts | School Bus Conversion

Today I ran all the electrical for the hood vents and lighting and cut out some oak plywood for the upper kitchen cabinets.

Should have some pics up tomorrow.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Day 111 - Trim | School Bus Conversion

Yesterday I was able to get one coat of varnish on the doors. One more coat and they are ready to be installed.

Today we started by building the door frame for the master bedroom. It turned out great!

After the door frame was installed I installed the rest of the base trim and corner bead in the master bedroom and the bunk room.

Here are some pics:

I also started working on the planning stage of the upper kitchen cabinets.

We now have our hood vent and should be installing it soon:

Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 110 - Testing & Doors | School Bus Conversion

Today I installed the remaining items I needed in order to test all gas powered items.

This includes: Stove, Hot Water heater and fridge.

We had totally successful tests on all items.

The RV-500 hot water heater powered up and heated the water VERY fast. Within seconds of powering up the water was hot. So far it looks like we made a great choice on spending the extra money to get it.

The stove worked great too.

After doing my testing I stained the door for the master bedroom and the bath room.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 109 - Doors | School Bus Conversion

I was able to get more trim and corner bead up in the master bedroom today. I also stained the paneling on the the bathroom wall.

Later we went to a local door shop and found 2 - 18" doors for the master bedroom and the bathroom. They are solid wood and cost $60 for both doors.

I cut them down (height) so that they will fit in the door opening. They need to be stained, varnished and hung on a yet to be build door frame.

More in a few days.

Monday, October 12, 2009

More Soon... | School Bus Conversion

It has been a few days since I made a post so I wanted to give our readers an update.

Work on the Good News Bus will resume probably Wednesday. We have been busy with some other things lately but should have a new post up then.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 107 - Trim & Corner Bead | School Bus Conversion

Today I was able to get some baseboard trim and corner bead installed in the master bedroom.

More soon!